Visitors are welcome to all our activities.
Memorial Meeting on
We are committed to:
- Weekly celebration of the Christian life,
the work of Jesus Christ and worship of
- Praise, prayer, encouragement, remembrance
Learn to Speak English class on
- Learn to speak English in small groups and
- Two hour tutorials in a friendly atmosphere
of the house annexed to the church hall
- Two hour classes are held every Sunday evening
6:00pm followed by supper. They are held in
the house attached to the church.
- The classes include reading paragraphs from
the Bible in modern English.
- These become the basis for explanations of
Australian expressions and vocabulary.
- Small groups, sometimes one person with an
individual tutor, read and discuss passages
and articles from newspapers.
Sunday School on
9:15am to 10:30am
What is Sunday School?
Sunday School consists of one hour classes,
held every Sunday morning at
9:15am to 10:30am (except school holidays). They are held in the house
attached to the church.
Who goes to Sunday School?
Anyone school age can come to Sunday School,
and the older students (young adults) sometimes
continue to come even after they have finished
school. Students can start Sunday School from
about age 4, but some of the teacher's younger
children come, too! Anyone can come, not just
students of the church members. Parents are
welcome to stay during Sunday School.
What is taught?
Stories and principles from the Holy Bible,
about God's plan, creation, the life of Jesus
Christ and how we should live as followers of
Jesus. We generally use the New King James
version of the Bible, and we ensure each student
owns a copy. A Bible is given to each student
of an age able to read it. Students are
encouraged to read and question meaning for
themselves, and to ask their parents and
teachers. God's love toward all people is
clearly seen from the Bible, and all students
are encouraged to develop their relationship
Why go to Sunday School?
Some students come because they told their
parents they wanted to come along, others come
because their parents want their children to
have a solid foundation to a Christian education.
Lessons learned in Sunday School lay the
groundwork enabling young adults to make
important choices in their lives informed by
the teaching of Jesus Christ, and God's plan
for all people.
What does it cost?
Sunday School is free. All costs associated
with the running of the Sunday School, books,
craft etc are borne by the church. The
collection that is taken up from the students,
usually a small coin given to them by Mum or Dad,
is 100% passed to charity, and is intended to
give students a direct link to charitable
donation and recipients. These focus on
children's charities, mostly Australian,
but sometimes overseas. Donations are not
Bible Class on
- Meetings are held in members' homes or in the
house annexed to the church hall.
- Various members lead discussion on Biblical
topics using the Bible always as the basis for
comments. All those who attend are welcome to
- Topics include
- studies of various books of the Bible
- character studies
- key concepts such as grace, faith, prayer,
justice and love
- prophetical ideas concerning Israel and
the coming kingdom of God
- Christian living in the modern world
- interesting expressions, phrases and
- We welcome visitors who share with us the love
of the Bible and its powerful message.
Women's Bible Class on the
second Friday of the month at
- Meetings are held in the house attached to
the church starting at
10:30am and conclude with lunch.
- We cater for all women who wish to share the
Christian experience, discuss issues of interest
to women and consider the teachings of the
- Topics are Bible-based and are presented by the
women of the church.
- Women of all ages from all over Sydney attend
this popular function.
- We welcome any visitors who would like to share
in the grace that God has given us.
Open House on
10:30am to 2:00pm
- Relaxed informal drop-in day, held in the
- Continuous tea and coffee.
- Board games, crosswords, sharing show-and-tell
- Opportunity for Bible discussions and